19 January, 2008

Another List

I know there have been too many "Things to do before I die" lists in the news lately. I'm sick of them, and I'm sure you lovely readers are, but I'm still going to post my own list below. I wrote this about three years ago and just came across it the other day. Most of these things are still important to me, although living in NY and LA, and visiting Gilman Street are now secondary to living in a city that's working towards sustainability and visiting local music venues that are proponents of great local music. Things change, but my basic principles have stayed the same, which is somewhat comforting. If you want to experience another "list", read on. You can also just go and create your own...

Start a band

Live in NYC

Live in LA

Live in the Mountains

Go to Gilman St.

Write well

Work at a record label

Work at a radio station

Learn how to grow things

Work until my hands bleed

Travel with a passport

Do something worthwhile, something that changes the world

Mosh / Slamdance with complete strangers

Try to believe

Die my hair green

Get a meaningful tattoo...not an oops-i-did-it-while-i-was-wasted-always-regret-it tattoo

Learn how to take photos...well

Tell someone I love them...without expectations, or ideas of reciprocation

Take advanced math classes

Speak another language, fairly fluently

Leave notes in the margins

Listen to Led Zeppelin while driving fast in the middle of the night

Thank my parents

Make him the perfect mixtape

Learn to play drums

Take a chance

Make mistakes

Work for a cause

Get arrested for something I care about

Live with friends

Live with people I can’t stand

Live poor

Live

No comments: