18 October, 2007

Links and Laughs

I have a couple links for you lovely blog readers. The first is a personal favorite, a place I go often to see what one of my favorite writers is up to.

Neil Gaiman's Journal is a place where you can read the man's musings on everything from current projects to the secret life of squirrels who steal chocolates and toys from corner markets. Sound scary? You don't even know.

This other link is a more recent discovery, something a good friend told me about. It looks to me like the future of television, with a policy of constant gratification and interaction. It's a good place to find crazy youtube phenomena of the future. The JetSet show is for those people who want their entertainment NOW!

My latest obsessions? Here's a list:

1. Guitar Hero III which isn't even out yet, but has to be great. I can't wait.

2. "Full Moon Or Infinity" by Cass McCombs. This is a weird song, but I love how much it reminds of Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

3. Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. It's almost Halloween.

4. "Save Ginny Weasley From Dean Thomas" by Harry & The Potters. I want to see these guys play live. I'm such a nerd, but I love this song.

5. The fact that my local ice cream place plays Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, and Bob Dylan exclusively. Listening to "The Sound Of Silence" while eating an apple crisp is total dream fulfillment.

6. Beatles solo albums...probably because of all the iTunes propaganda. I know it's subliminal.

7. "Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)" by Jay-Z. He's soooo bad, and his music is soooo good. BTW: The sample is from "Ain't No Love In The Heart of The City" by Bobby "Blue" Bland.

8. Steven Colbert's presidential campaign. I would vote for him in a second, because what this country needs - more than anything else - is a sense of humor.

9. "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park.

10. Asking random kids if they've jumped in any piles of leaves lately. Sometimes people need to be reminded to have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good lord I just read Neil's page and discovered if you beat Marmite for some stupidly long time it turns white. Yarg.