10 April, 2007

Spring Songs

Here's a little playlist for ya'll! Some music that will get you into the happy spring mind-set that we all need right now. Everything will soon be green, and it will smell like spring. For now, you should be able to hear spring at the very least. While you're waiting for the flowers, listen to this music.

"Rainbowarriors" by CocoRosie. These gals are from France, and this song (off their new album, The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn) are pretty weird. There are some exotic beats surrounding unique vocals. Actually, the vocals remind me the most of a shy Lady Sovereign (an oxymoron, I know). It's difficult to explain what these women are doing with their sound, but I definitely enjoyed this song.

"Good Vibrations" by Gym Class Heroes. The Gym Class Heroes, besides having an awesome name, are talented boys. They had me jumping around on Valentine's Day with their hit, "Cupid's Chokehold". This song is a cover of the Beach Boys' hit, and they manage to cover the song in a way that does justice to the original, without being a blatant copy. The Heroes inject their own spunk into the mix, and it makes for easy breezy listening with an edge.

"Love Today" by Mika. Another highly successful iTunes add (I don't know how those guys do it, but they sure know how to market those iPods), this song is technolicious rock. I usually stear clear of electronic music, because I'm not a huge fan, but the intro captured my attention. Now I'm wondering if I'm the only person who hears the late great Freddy Mercury in Mika, and especially in "Love Today". A neat song that meets all of the spring ear-candy requirements.

"You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse. Amy can belt out vocals that are reminescent of some of the greatest soul divas, and she adds some smooth beats. Layering the horns and drums, this song captures the best of hip-hop, soul, and motown. It even has some pretty guitar playing. This song is awesome!

Spring on my friends!!

No comments: