23 January, 2006

Stoodio53 - Mixtapes

The other day I was on iTunes randomly searching for free music in the form of podcasts (yay podcasts!) and I came across Stoodio53 mixtapes. There are about 9 of them that you can download off iTunes right now, and as I said they're free (premixed) music. The mixtapes vary, because they're mixed by different DJs, but generally stick to pretty straightforward underground punk, rock and pop. You can also find information about some of the artists, DJs, and setlists on the website linked above. I've listened to three so far, and my personal favorite was #7 (mixed by djMoo.) It's an eclectic mix including a song by Ween called "Push th' Little Daisies" that sounds like a breakup song sung by Cartman of South Park. Yeah, that weird, in fact so weird and ridiculous that it's also hilarious.

-Musicsnob

No comments: