03 January, 2016

#TBRTakedown 3.0

HAPPY 2016!

I've wanted to try a readathon for a while (since I've been following people on BookTube). This video details a challenge that looks, well, challenging, but also fun: #TBRTakedown 3.0. It's running from tomorrow until January 10th, and these are the challenges and my picks for fulfilling them. One small caveat, my Master's program does start up again full-time this week, as does work, so I am trying to make this a bit more doable for myself in a couple ways. I am not going to be mean to myself and not count books that I am currently in the midst of/need to finish first, and I am also going to count my required school reading!

1: Most recent TBR pile -- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie (currently reading)

2: TBR for over a year -- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.

3: Read a book outside your comfort zone -- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski, Ph.D. (currently reading)

4: First in a series -- Fatale by Ed Brubaker

5: Complete series/read sequel -- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (currently reading)

6: Read a fire-colored book -- Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire

7: A non-novel item -- Required readings for this week from Campaigns and Elections: Players and Processes by Stephen K. Medvic

No comments: