04 September, 2005

GREEN DAY!!!

Green Day at Gillette Stadium was amazing! The fireworks, fire, waterguns, Billy Joe's ass (twice), drunk rabbit, "let's make a band!", SHOUT!, Stand by Me, We Are the Champions, American Idiot, the wizard puppet, little kids onstage, etc. Everything was awesome! Their music rings true to me in so many ways, but I feel like they are overlooked or completely dismissed as being "too pop" or not "politically correct" by critics and music snobs alike. They deserve more credit! What does it matter if they're insanely popular right now? They make some damn fine music in my opinion.

Jimmy Eat World was an awesome opener. I totally love their newest album Futures, and their last album is amazing. They put on an excellent show too.

Against Me! was good, but they were either unsure of how to work the crowd or just didn't care. I also think they were having trouble with their equipment in the stadium. Sometimes, during their performance their songs sounded very distorted. I really like their music though. Cliche Guevara is classic!

No comments: