12 September, 2006

Boss Volenti & my new LOVE

I was cruising Myspace and I found this Dublin band that sounds like it should come from Cali or Washington, but definitely not Dublin. They just sound like Dublin (I don't really know what that is, but I suspect Irish accents are involved.) Check 'em out! They have a cool sound, pretty straight-forward rock 'n' roll, but something you can shake your ass to. Listen Here: http://www.myspace.com/bossvolenti


I guess I'm slow on the uptake or something, because I finally found THE SHINS!!!

I've known about them forever (it seems), but I've been kind of slow to jump into that soft, creepy-like-a-ghost-town sound that they have going on. Now, I want all of their albums including the one they're releasing in January. "New Slang" is obviously an amazing song, and I've heard it for years, but it never really struck me until I watched "Garden State."

Zach Braff changes things I guess...so I have a little crush, so what? Let me get back to my Shins, and if you haven't REALLY listened yet, go out and buy the album (Oh, Inverted World.) Wicked awesome.

- Music Snob

No comments: