29 December, 2005

Everything isn't meant to be okay...

I've got a few more music suggestions for whoever reads this blog (I mean, I know who I gave the URL to but there are probably other people lurking. HELLO LURKERS!!!!)

Distinguished Members: Good band. Kind of prog rock. The band they come closest to is probably Dredg, but everyone knows Dredg is completely unclassifiable except to say that they are "sort of prog rock-ish" and that really doesn't clarify.

Those Who Wait: When I read that they are electronic I wasn't expecting what I heard (which is a good thing btw.) Just go check them out, they're good.

The Hold Steady: So weird, in an amazing way. Craig Finn (he's what would be called the vocalist, but he doesn't really sing) has this voice that reminds me of Jello Biafra. The only way I can think to describe the music is steady spoken word stories over fairly interesting and well-played music of an unclassifiable sort. It's not really that the music is unclassifiable, it's more like there's so much going on with the vocals that the music is somewhat secondary. If you like Hold Steady check out Lifter Puller, they sound very similar (understandably. Craig Finn was also the vocalist for Lifter Puller.)

Hey, does this seem like a music blog to you guys? Because it really seems like all I ever write about is music. ; )

No comments: